PART 1
1. On your blog post your reactions to what you read and what you saw. How about 3-4 sentences.
I loved how natural the animals were in all of the photos. I also loved how close Nick Brandt got
to all of the animals individually. Looking at black and white photos always impresses me
because of the use of shadow.
2. Do a google image search for Nick Brandt, find your favorite photo and post it on your blog.
3. Describe it and tell me why its your favorite.
This is my favorite photo because of all the emotion in it and how simple it is.4. What rules of photography are evident in the photos you selected, be sure to explain the rule to me?
Rule of thirds is definitely present in this photo, the man is off to the left which draws the viewers
eyes to the left.
Do a google/wikipedia search for Nick Brandt
5. What kind of camera and lens does he use and why is this important?
Pentax 67II. This is important because he doesn't use zoom or telephoto lenses.
6. What is his reason for taking these photos?
He wants to capture these animals in their state of Being.
7. What is his hope by taking these type of photos?
He wants to show the beauty in all of these animals and preserve them.
8. Find something he has to say about Africa, and post the quote on your blog.
The animals aren't being preserved. "I didn't see a single wild animal the entire four-hour drive.
It's not that they've moved elsewhere. It's that they've been wiped out—turned into bushmeat."
It's not that they've moved elsewhere. It's that they've been wiped out—turned into bushmeat."
PART 2
1. Tell me which amusement park featured in the two articles that you would like to visit and take your camera along and what about that park made you want to go there. Write at least a paragraph.
I'd like to go to the Okpo Land theme park because it seems like the most interesting one. Plus, it's in a different country which makes it a bit more creepier. I think that the whole fact that a young girl died makes it extra horrifying. Anything related to children and death just adds an extra horrific kind of twist to anything I feel.
2. Post one photo from that park. You may use the photos from the link, or you can google an entirely new photo. I would prefer to see a photo of the park in disrepair and not a photo of it when it was still operating.
3. Think of at least FIVE other unusual places you think would be of interest to photographers. List them.
- asylum
- hospital
- zoo
- graveyard
- haunted house
4. Use google or another search engine to research ONE of your five places and see if anyone has already started documenting that place. If you find that someone has already started - post at least one photo of their work.

5. Write a paragraph about why you think that it would be fun to document that location. Tell me what interests you about that place and what kind of photos you could expect to take there.
I'd like to go to an abandoned insane asylum because I think it would be so horrifying yet
extremely exciting to go through all the hallways and take pictures of everything. I'm not sure
where they have the scariest insane asylums or if I need to follow certain laws.
where they have the scariest insane asylums or if I need to follow certain laws.
6. Tell me what it would take for you to go and take photos at your location. What would you need as far as equipment goes, travel plans, expenses you might encounter and what laws you would have to take into consideration to take photos at your spot.
any laws against going into an abandoned one, and just take a camera and maybe a tripod.


No comments:
Post a Comment