Wednesday, October 1, 2014

UNUSUAL AND INTERESTING PHOTOS PART 2




1. Why did you pick this photo?
I picked this photo because it had so much emotion in it and definitely told a story.

2. What category did you find this photo?
I found this in Photojournalist of the Year (smaller markets).

3. What award did it win (what place)?
2nd place.

4. What did the photographer do that attracted your eye? (I am not talking about the subject, but what the photographer did)
The photographer caught the emotion of the subject and also showed in the background what was causing that emotion.

5. How much do you think the subject of the photo weighed in the judges minds when they picked this photo as one of the best of 2012?
I think that the subject definitely weighed a lot in the judges mind because you can't completely tell what the person is thinking because they are turned around and it's dark outside, so the viewer would have to figure out what the person was feeling. 

6. What do you think the photographer had to do that was unique to getting this photo?
I think that the photographer had to probably push through a crowd of people, including firemen, to get the perfect shot. They probably weren't completely safe either being so close to the fire.






1. Why did you pick this photo?
I thought that the smoke, the player, and the flag all added an almost mystical look to this photo.

2. What category did you find this photo?
I found this in Sports Action.

3. What award did it win (what place)?
1st place

4. What did the photographer do that attracted your eye? (I am not talking about the subject, but what the photographer did)
The photographer included the intense detail of the smoke and the flag as well as used shadow to add a more defined look.

5. How much do you think the subject of the photo weighed in the judges minds when they picked this photo as one of the best of 2012?
Like the first photo I posted, I think that the judges definitely thought deeply about the subject because it's unclear what the subject is feeling due to the fact that he is turned around.

6. What do you think the photographer had to do that was unique to getting this photo?
They had to get behind the football player in the stadium in order to take this photo.






1. Why did you pick this photo?
I picked this photo because I thought that it looked edgy and the shadows were amazing.

2. What category did you find this photo?
I found this in Local Portrait and Personality.

3. What award did it win (what place)?
3rd place

4. What did the photographer do that attracted your eye? (I am not talking about the subject, but what the photographer did)
The photographer included a lot in the photo, not just the subject. They showed the whole room and gave the viewer a good idea of what this lady was doing and where she lived. They also included a lot of color and shadow in this photo as well as some light. 


5. How much do you think the subject of the photo weighed in the judges minds when they picked this photo as one of the best of 2012?
I think that the subject was thought about in the judges mind for a while because as a viewer, you want to figure out what this lady is thinking and how she is feeling. She looks pretty tranquil, but, it seems like there is something on her mind.


6. What do you think the photographer had to do that was unique to getting this photo?
I think that the photographer had to get up close and personal to get this photo, they had to ask if they could come inside this persons personal space to take this photo.




















No comments:

Post a Comment