VIDEO 1
a. Name of photographer - Alyssa Schukar
b. General focus of portfolio (photoj, sports, stories, etc.)- story
c. List three problems that the judges noted with the portfolio - There wasn't enough symbolism, the photos all looked similar, and the story wasn't good enough.
d. List two things the judges like- The background of the man in haiti and the girl falling over the hurtles
e. What is your overall impression of the photographer? What did you like or not like?- I honestly liked all the emotions in all of the photos. But I can agree with the way the judges thought that there needed to be more.
VIDEO 2
a. Name of photographer - Travis Haughton
b. General focus of portfolio (photoj, sports, stories, etc.)- story
c. List three problems that the judges noted with the portfolio -Thought that some of the subjects were too dominated by other things in the photo, couldn't tell what some of the focus was meant to be on, and thought that in some photos there didn't seem to be much sense
d. List two things the judges like- liked the natural look and weirdness of some photos.
e. What is your overall impression of the photographer? What did you like or not like? I thought that they had some really good photos, but none really stood out to me.
VIDEO 3
a. Name of photographer - Nick Adams
b. General focus of portfolio (photoj, sports, stories, etc.)- random
c. List three problems that the judges noted with the portfolio - Thought that some of the photos were too mediocre, some were out of focus, didn't like all the kid photographs that seemed cliche.
d. List two things the judges like- They liked how the photographer went out of his comfort zone and liked the silhouettes
e. What is your overall impression of the photographer? What did you like or not like? I thought that they could've used more emotion in their photos but they were overall pretty moving.
WINNING VIDEO
a. What did the judges note as strengths as they were critiquing it? They liked the composition of some photos and how the photographer seemed to be part of the photos.
b. What do you see as strengths? Do you see any weaknesses? I see all of the emotion that the photographer was trying to capture and I liked the angles that he used. I think that some of the photos were too busy.
PART 3:
1. Describe one photo that you agree with the judges on. Explain why you and the judges do or do not like it.
I agree with their feelings on on of the action photos with the race car because I did like the leading lines, but there wasn't anything beautiful about it. It wasn't eye-catching or dramatic in any way.
2. Describe one photo that you do NOT agree with the judges on. Explain why you think the judges are wrong.
I think that the photo of the greyhounds running was an excellent picture, the judges thought that it wasn't as good as it should have been and were debating whether or not to keep it. I think that the focus and the expression of the dogs was awesome and the viewer can almost feel themselves being there. I think that even thought there was burning out in the photo it was still an awesome photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment