STUDENT OF THE MONTH STORY
In the month of March at Bowie High
School Mia Barbosa won the Student of the Month Award because she worked hard
and made herself know, her intense studying and her good grades helped her win
this award.
Barbosa
didn’t think that she deserved the award and was extremely excited to win it.
“I know other people who deserve it as well, Eliana Lynch (the $wagmama) has
also won this award. I won the defense award in soccer, but nothing this
exciting has ever happened to me before.” Barbosa exclaimed smiling.
However, Mia knew in her heart that she definitely deserved
this award. “I put a lot of time and effort into my school work.” Mia
explained.
Many people
were very happy for Barbosa. “My parents are very proud and very glad. So is my
dog.” Said Mia.
Her classes and teachers were also
responsible in her success. “ The way my teachers taught was very helpful,
English and Biology helped me, Mr. Flick and Mr. Reeves were the teachers who
nominated me for this award as well.” Barbosa stated.
Ever since
Barbosa won the award, life has been a little different for her. “My friends
think it’s amazing and I have gotten special attention from others.” Mia
admitted shyly.
Mia also
talked about what she planned to exceed in her near and far future. “I think
that winning this award will help my future, I want to be part of the Who’s Who
award when I graduate, and I think that this award will look good on job
applications.” Barbosa replied.
Even
thought she has gotten major popularity from this experience, Barbosa is always
happy to be at school for all the right reasons. “I like seeing my friends and
getting an education.” Barbosa said smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment